Thursday, February 7, 2008

they say... "PAY it forward"



Yall ever seen that movie... its one of those inspirational humanitarian flicks with the message of, "passing on a random act of kindness"


So check this out... this morning I'm running late as usual... I'm talkin hella late... late like I live a lil over an hour (public
transportation) from my place of residence... I'm suppose to be at work at 10... I was a 2 blocks away from my house waitin for the bus at 9:15...

So I wait... and wait... and wait... I'm like WHAT THE FUCK... there no bus in sight... so I'm gettin pissed cuz shit like this makes me hella mad...

So as I'm standing there pissed off, I'm just looking @ cars pass by when I notice a clean ass silver mercedes benz... what I noticed first were the rims because cuz they were different, by now the car is @ a complete stand still so I observe the rest of it and see the dude drivin it... it was an indian guy about 35 on his cell phone with a blunt hangin out his mouth (I'm thinkin nah this ni**a aint smokin weed in broad daylight)... I laugh to myself and go back to waiting... when in no time @ all the indian dude had made a u-turn and pulled up next to me...


So I'm thinkin he needs directions... so I turn towards the car and he rolls the window down and says, "are you going to the BART station?" so I kinda gave em' raised eyebrow frown and that's when my thought process took over...

MY THOUGH PROCESS:

1st thought... wtf!?... is this ni**a gay and tranna pick up on me
[arrogant & homophobic]

2nd thought... I dunno about these indians folks, they be blowin shit up
[racist & prejudice]

3rd thought... if he say somethin outta pocket imma' beat his ass
[violent & ignorant]

4th thought... damn I do need to get to the BART station a.s.a.p. ...
and if somethin goes all bad I can always revert back to thought #3!...

So I reply, "what u say?"
And he asks again, "are you going to the BART station?"... u want a ride Just for confirmation I say, "are u goin that way?"
He says, "yea"...

So I grab my bag and get in... now I'm not gon' front I was still expectin some weird shit to happen... but that's just me... I'm a pessimist... expect the worse, hope for the best...

So now I'm in this clean ass benz with a fuckin stranger... she says, "I seen u waiting for the bus so I figured I'd give u a ride"...
so I say "thanks"...and proceed to make small talk... u know the usual, where do u work, u live around here, are u a murderer... shit like that!...

the guy goes on to say how he does this often when he's sees people waiting @ a bus stop... i was kinda shocked... but thats when it hit me there really are nice people left in the world even if the news tells u different.

he keeps talking and says, "people see my car and think, wow, but all this can be gone in a snap of a finger and i can be catching the bus, and i would like to think a person would give me a ride... people usually look at me like a weirdo when i offer but i understand... i use to catch the bus to but i dont have to any more but that doesnt mean i forgot what that situation is like"

i was like WOW!... thats deep... cuz i sure woulda smashed off... and then he asked me did i smoke (weed)... i was like "NAH" and he lit his blunt rolled his window down a proceeded to drive. he dropped me off asked my name and said have a coo' day and i did the same... he said his name was Karmit (*car-meet*... i guess thats how u spell it)... and that was that!...

AND THEN...

I get to my bus that takes to work and theres a black dude about my age there, he stood out cuz he was the only other black person around and he had on some clean ass air for 1's (even tho' im not a fan of those shoes)... while every1 is boarding the bus he digs in his wallet to get a few dolla out to pay and he is talking to the bus driver at the same time, i guess seeing how much it costs... this foo' drops a $100 and a $10 dollar bill on the ground as he steps on the bus...


NOW... yesterday he woulda been sooooo assed out it aint even funny... but since homie had gave the ride on some good samaritan shit... i tapped homeboy on the shoulder and was like, "ay u dropped somethin"... he was like OH SHIT!... thanx man!... DAMN! IM SLIPPIN! i was like yea that woulda been ugly!... he was like "ugly aint even the word"..

im an honest guy but that was hard to do... cuz it aint everyday that $100 bills just fall on the ground when nobody is lookin... but it aint everyday a stranger gives a young African-American male a ride in his benz when he's runnin late!

maybe this is how the world was originally designed!

10 comments:

kit von b. said...

WOW g. i have to say...i'm really proud of you!!! i dig ur honesty and compassion for homeboy on the bus. omggggg my memory sucks but i learned in psych 101 that once you get to age 19 and up, your're in a stage where you do the right thing because it's THE RIGHT THING to to...i think the stage before that is doing the right thing to get social approval from others...why i just got into all that, i dont know...but i think the blog entry was dope. small step for you (maybe)...big step for mankind.

-karrie b.

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

Wtf!? What kind of gee golly good movie are you livin in homie?! Lol that sh*t is a rar-I-ty!

I’m glad he got you to your spot quicker and you was legit about the $100, that’s wassup. If only there was a little bit more of that going on in this world today.

I’m also glad carmeet, didn’t chop you up into tiny pieces before dropping you off at the station…peace…

MsP

Smitty said...

Wow...that was a cool story bruh. So dude who dropped the $100 dollars on the bus has to do something nice now.

I can dig it. When I'm at work & I give strangers discounts, I get funny looks sometimes. Once a woman told me that she should be paying more. To which I replied " I can charge you more if you like...but I'm tryna help you out."

kit von b. said...

smitty im comin to get a discount from ur store!

-karrie b.

Jazzy said...

That was definitely one of those "WOW" moments. What I love is that you looked at the big picture...one hand really does wash the other.

Your throught process cracks me up though!!!! I'm even LOL as I type this!

CapCity said...

WooooWWWWW....I'm glad it all had a happy ending ...but fo' real - i think I'da jus' been late for work cuz I am WARRRRYYYY of gittin' into strangers cars...but then again - I'm still "dating" - so, what's the difference? LOL! great story, Sweet G!

Ms.Lady said...

Awwww...look at chu' being all considerate n ish :-) j/p

Thats some real ish though..

Guess there are still some decent people out there.

G-Sweet said...

KARRIE B... shit, im proud of my-damn-self... like i said the day b4 i woulda came $110... no lie... but Karma's a bitch!...

MS. P... crackin up @ "gee golly good movie"... u stupid!...

annnd he woulda had to be a choppin foo'... cuz he might got his ass scraped in the front seat of the car... hahaha!

SMITTY... yea he has to pass it on for it to work... but i dont know if he know that... lol... i did my part!

yea, that lady is better than me, i woulda been shuttin up mighty fast.

O-DIVA... those thoughts were real talk, honestly gay dudes have rolled up on me b4 and then i get to flashin so i was really thinkin this was another 1 of those cases.

CAPCITY... crackin up @ im still dating... lmao... very true!

MS. LADY... maybe a few!... i wouldnt recommend ppl. make shit like this a habit cuz i dont wanna see nonna yall on the news!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Just found your blog through mspuddin. You are hilarious! I loved that you paid it forward. Random acts of kindness is what is definitely needed right now. Not to get all religious on you put that money thing was major. God saw you g look for a blessing real soon on that one.

G-Sweet said...

GORGEOUS... thanx fa' stoppin by... ur always welcome stop thru!...

And I sure do hope I get a blessing, cuz if somebody else drop some money it can get real ugly, real fast...

And ummmm... the block on ur blog... not feelin it ma'...lol!