Monday, November 5, 2007

they say... "dont CHEAT yaself, TREAT yaself"



I attended a wedding on Saturday... prior to, i already knew i wanted to wear a suit but there was no way i was wearing my same-ol lame ass black suit. so for the last 3 weeks i've been keepin' my eyes open for suits... well i came across this gray SEAN JOHN suit and it was a wrap i was on some crazy woman type "i gotta have it type shit"...

Annnnnnnd then i looked at the price tag!

okay it wasnt that much but its more than i've ever paid for an article of clothing at one time!

the suit was $500 (but of course i payed slightly less 400 + the shoes)... might not be alot to some of u ballin bloggers but thats crazy to me... now god bless the fact that i have these 2 new jobs and i was even able to consider doin this... but after i bought this shit i felt guilty and couldnt figure out why?... and still cant!

but shit once i put the motha-f*cka on (U SHOULDA SEEN IT!)... i was fly as a pelican and fresh as a manikin... (at least thats how i felt anyway)...

it made me really like the color gray... and i had the shoes to match and i pretty much thought i was the shit... now if i can just find 499 more reasons to wear this shit again maybe i wont feel so funny about it...

I am officially admitting i have a retail problem...

HI MY NAME IS MR. SWEETWYNE...
hi Mr. Sweetwyne...
AND IM A SHOP-AHOLIC

8 comments:

CHA CHA said...

noooo, every once in awhile you have to like you said; "treat yaself" if you don't than who will. I bet you felt every bit of $500 in that suit and more, hopefully you felt like a million bucks and and and if that is the same suit you wore, Im almost 100% sure all eyes were on "G"...be easy on yourself, thats money well spent. A brotha always need a suit to go somewhere, give yourself a reason to flip the script, go to the nightclub with it on and watch all the honeys flock to your corner...=)

Jazzy said...

I love to see a man in a well-fitted nicely tailored suit. Hot!

I make good money, but err ummm...I'm not paying $500 for a suit. Now I have paid...a couple hundred dollars for a fly ass pair of boots though, but that's different. lol

G-Sweet said...

STILL P... yea ur right i shouldn't trip but i wore it wand that whole ordeal is over now... and yes i felt like OPRAH'S bank accoujnt wit that suit on!... and yess the ladies will flock and u know this maaaaaan!... lmao

O-DIVA... "I love to see a man in a well-fitted nicely tailored suit. Hot!"

and i love to BE SEEN in a well fitted, nicely tailored suit... probably the thing that scares me the most is that i'll get in the habit of thinkin its okay... lmao!... i'll post pics when i get em' back!

Anonymous said...

I feel bad too, but know what? Fuck it. Sometimes you have to spend money on yourself, especially clothes. A good suit is also an investment. Sometimes you need to look like a grownup instead of some tshirt wearing punk, and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Smitty said...

That was a good look for you. You would've been the flyest brother in the room if I had stayed home.

G-Sweet said...

MR. UNDERHILL... very true... I'm already lookin forward to the next chane I gtet 2 wear it.

SMITTY... hahaha... I like comment cuz I woulda said the same thing...lol!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

I ain't even gone lie...

I'd have had a hard time stomaching that shyt afterwards myself but ummm best you believe I was gone be flossin' up in that shyt!!!

I'm sure you'll find other reasons to rock it.
Shyt for $400 I KNOW I WOULD!! LOL

Eb the Celeb said...

very nice suit... sometimes you have to splurge... as long as it doesnt put you out on the street...lol