Monday, March 17, 2008

they say... "that AINT a bad IDEA"



With election time here and all I figured I'd share an idea I've had for a long time wit all my bloggers... this is "MY" idea so don't be tranna steal it... don't even be tranna tell ya friends u thought of it...lmao...

Okay... outside of the current election (seein as tho Obama got it on lock right now)... in prior elections have u ever felt like u didn't exactly know who u wanted to vote for... but u knew for DAMN SURE who u didnt want in office? (i.e. BUSH)...


Well a while back I came up with the idea of a NEGATIVE VOTE...

The negative strips a vote away from the candidate of ur choice thus taking ur single vote away... so u may not be able to vote for a person but u inturn were able to take a vote away from the candidate of ur choice.



Sooooo... what do ya think?... would u use ur NEGATIVE VOTE if it were possible???

*not necessarily this election, most of us already got our minds made up*

15 comments:

CHA CHA said...

kind of clever....let me think about that one and get back to you...

dejanae said...

interesting concept
but i dont think id do it

Jazzy said...

LMAO!!! Genius! Let's face facts...much of the voting is a popularity contest anyway.

Unfortunately, I think the "negative vote" would enable even more people not to pay attention to the issues at all though.

Anonymous said...

I'd use the negative vote. Obviously not this time around, but sometimes everyone isn't caught up on the issues, but the little that they do know isn't pleasent. Why not give them a negative vote option? I'd do it! And I'd bet more people would vote. It's not about the fact that everyone doesn't know all the issues, because it takes a lot of time and dedication to really stay up on all the issues, so sometimes you will slack off. I sure have (not this time around folks). So a negative vote would have come in handy last time for me, cause all I knew is that I didn't want another Bush in the white house. Hmph!

Smitty said...

Voting for the other person in the election IS taking a vote from the person you would like to not be elected. So essentially. If you didn't want McCain to win...you would take a vote from him by voting for Obama.

Muze said...

i love it! maaaan i'd have rallied up the whole city to give some non-votes to dubya.

CapCity said...

just came thru to holla!then got caught up in yo' dayummm drama! lol!

Anonymous said...

You know what? I know that's probably mostly a joke...butt hat's the best idea that I've heard in years. Seriously. I know a lot of people don't want to take responsibility for voting in a loser like if Obama or Hilary turned out to be nuts but most of them know who they DON'T want.

McCain does not seem as bad as Bush in most ways, but you can be 100% sure we invade Iran or at least bomb it if he gets elected.

I like Obama, though. I read his website and he's got the best policies of any politician 've seen so far. Some of it is not very detailed, but the health insurance idea is a good one.

Hilary I don't like as much. She's kind of annoying but still 100x better than Bush.

Darius T. Williams said...

Love this idea - lol.

Eb the Celeb said...

hey i passed the love to you on my video blog... check it out if you get a chance

kit von b. said...

i think i'd have to opt for voting the person i like. cool post!

-KB

CHA CHA said...

Miss you.......We are being patient, we need a post!

Hope all is good with you!

nicole said...

lol thats a really good idea!

hill?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Eb the Celeb said...

HEy... where u be at?