Tuesday, November 4, 2008

they say... "CHANGE is good"





Now on some keep it real... im a person who doesnt like change when i find something i like i get in my comfort zone and want it to stay that way so i know exactly whats goin on and what to expect. But all change isnt bad and some change is for the better...

Lately ive been in a big ass slump, lookin for a new apartment, looking for a new job, havent been to the gym in months, trying to handle situations of the heart, chasing day dreams, and still trying to be a positive black man. at times that being positive shit goes out the window and it seems so much more feasible to jus do some shady shit... BUT i try to be coo' about it!

anywho seein as tho' the election was tuesday i promised myself the night before that i would start fresh the night before:

- so i woke up early went for a one and a half mile run and did some calisthenics which i can say i havent done in hella long... came back ate breakfast
- sent my favorite girl a message ;0)
- showered, and got dressed while listening to some Kev Choice...
- i went to go VOTE
- i emailed my resume to 4 jobs
- then to take my grandmother to run her errands
- watched the election until the victor was announced
- went DOWNTOWN OAKLAND to Jack London Square where they had a block party for the election...



there was soooo many black people out there and no one was actin a foo' or trippin it was nothin but love in the air and everybody was just happy to be black... it was amazing!

i kept thinking, "wow! we actually have an African American President" it seems like all of a sudden anything was possible!

so i got back on my grind cuz i fell so far off its not even coo...

i decided to take my music more serious... ALFA-BETA


*click the pic*




and also decided to take steps forward with my logo & graphic design skills...



and the photography company me and my boy "kinda" started...



and a few other ventures that im not gonna get into... but u get the point, this whole thing has sparked something in me and im gonna roll with it.
---------------------------------------

so i say...

THANX MR. PRESIDENT!

8 comments:

Smitty said...

I feel you. (No Homo) The sky is the limit.

G-Sweet said...

Lets get this money then bra!

Amber Steez said...

them some nice photos. ive been getting into photography as well. the girl in front of the sun. that picture is dope as hell.

CapCity said...

Wishing U ALL the best, Sweet G;-)

Muze said...

glad you're so inspired!

the photography is wonderful. as well as the logos.

keep it up.

i'm also back to running. with a new job and moving to a new apt.

change is pretty much a constant in my life though. lol.

Nicole said...

first time here....
sounds like u had one productive day!!
mad cos i read this post, and for some reason went all the way back to dec 2007.
dnt know y im tellin u, but reading the very latest and the very first made me wanna read more of ya posts.
keep on.
u'll probably c me around in ur comments..
PEACE

kit von b. said...

the photography is dope. hope you had a happy holiday.

-kb

A Beautifulstruggle said...

they say i'm complicated...i say i'm me...what do you say


i get that all the time. i say maybe you're like me...a simple enigma.

first time here...i like. will be back.

~A~