Saturday, September 8, 2007

they say... "confidence + confidence = arrogance" PT. 1 (Kanye West )



"wit so much personality, what do u want from me?............ I ca' be by myself & enjoy the company"

-Kanye West




Is arrogance a bad thing???... what do u say?... I say it's not THAT bad!

Honestly when i first started noticing the shit this fool did i was like, "who this ni**a think he is"... but recently this dude has been crackin' me the fuck up!... I mean he takes cockiness to a whole notha' level and I LOVE THIS SHIT!
I don't blame the guy he's a top notch producer who is also a beast on the mic and he knows it!


I mean if u honestly in ur heart feel ur at a certain point financially, career wise, socially, sexually, intellectually, etc. is it OK to voice that or walk with that "I KNOW I AM" swagger?... with that said i don't condone looking down on other people or being disrespectful toward anyone or thing but you should be able to be confident in ur positive aspects even if sometimes its seen as overly confident.

By definition, confidence is belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance
ANNNNNNND...
Arrogance is an offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.

So is it safe to say, if you are in fact superior(higher in rank) than another person(s) in certain areas it IS ok to act accordingly... i know a few people who say shit like, "i cant stand that arrogant ass moth-f@!*a" and at that very moment i wonder is that the inferior person that is considered lower than the "arrogant" asshole?... I mean the world needs balance if everyone were arrogant, there would be no such thing as arrogant and it would be the norm.

I feel like confidence is something every single person on the planet has in at least one area of their life... u might be confident that you can smoke 100 cigarettes in a day, that you are the most talented monopoly player in the history of ever, that ur the best drunk driver, or you may be confident in something as simple as the best PRODUCER at this present time(hence Mr. West).



What im saying is once you reach a certain level of confidence its seen as arrogance... but why?... and SO FUCKIN' WHAT!... be proud of what you have, what u can do, and more importantly WHAT/WHO YOU ARE!

I've been called arrogant many times(or conceited, take ur pick) and at first i would fight the accusation but it came to the point where people are gonna believe what they want to believe anyway and thats where the attitude derived from... that transformed into a part of my persona that shows at certain times when I'm "feelin' myself"(and i don't mean drunk...lol)... and now i don't even bother explaining myself i just enjoy the over confidant remarks from my "inferior haters".

I feel like people should flaunt their positive aspects...

(TO BE CONTINUED...)


_________________________________________________________________________________


Kanye is the poster-boy for this persona with quotes like:

- "George Bush doesn't care about black people""(15 seconds left on video #1)

and more recently:

- "I wanna' do music cuz i know people need my music, people need Kanye West albums"(2:35 left on video #2)

- "They feel like, Yo... You know he's got a God complex cuz he said if they wrote the Bible again he would be in it... DUHHHH! YEA I WOULD BE IN IT!..." (1:11 left on video #2)

- "I'm high up on the line u ca get behind me/ but my head so big u cant sit behind me"( 1:53 left on video #3)

- "IF I DONT WIN, THE AWARD SHOW LOSES! CREDIBILITY!"(just watch the whole video... lmao!)
_________________________________________________________________________________


VIDEO #1


VIDEO #2


VIDEO #3


VIDEO #4

7 comments:

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

Or what about when he said, “good thing for all the muti-ethnic girls, or else who would he get to dance in his music videos.” Remind me never to dance in one of HIS videos. He is killin’ me and getting on my nerves all at the same time. BOO Kanye BOO. Stop runnin’ ya mouth and start making some changes. You got the money, the power, the brains, now put it to better use than talking about how great you are. We know. We know. Now can we move on!

MsP

PS- U too G LOL

CHA CHA said...

KANYE MAKES MY ASS TIRED....

NICE BLOG G, I NEED YOU TO POST MORE, WHAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE A LIFE...LOL

Anonymous said...

I think the world is full of jellus people. Seriously. If you act like you have anything going on at all, people disbelieve you. On blogger people even say I misrepresent myself or my pics are not really me. Just because I am not a hideous freak does not make me a liar.

G-Sweet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G-Sweet said...

FBP... how dare you... Me Too?... well i never!... hahaha!

pocahontaz... lol @ "makes my ass tired"... i be tranna' post but i be lazy... a life of course not... im not really allowed 2 enjoy 1 of those right now...lol

underhill... maaan i feel u its got to stop somewhere... every1's a non-believer... like i tell ppl. im never wrong and then when they see im always right they still dont believe me... whats wrong with these humans

Anonymous said...

Too many loosers with no game. They assume cause they have nothing going on no one does.